The purpose of this website/ information
is to promote public awareness/protection, prevent you and those close to you from
the potential dangers posed by individuals who have committed sex offences in the past
and to deter sex offenders from offending/re- offending. Any criminal actions taken by
persons against the offenders named within this site, may result in arrest and prosecution
of those persons.
Safety For Women
Australian Politicians/ Contacts
Aussie pedophile deported from Indonesia
An Adelaide man who spent the last fours years in an Indonesian jail for sexually abusing teenaged boys is being deported back to Australia.
Former boxing promoter
Donald John Storen,
61, was in Indonesian immigration department custody in Bali on Tuesday awaiting a Wednesday morning flight to Perth.
Storen was released from prison on the neighbouring island of Lombok last month after finishing his sentence and has been awaiting deportation ever since.
Storen was jailed in 2006 for sexually abusing four boys, aged 13 to 15, in Lombok's Senggigi resort area, where he worked as a hotel manager.
Storen's trial was told he lured the boys to his hotel room with promises of cash and other inducements. The boys were then paid as little as $A5 each in return for sexual favours.
He would take off their clothes and watch pornographic videos with them before abusing them, the court was told.
Storen maintained his innocence throughout the trial, claiming the boys made up the accusations to avoid being charged for breaking into his room and stealing his things.
Storen's appeal was dismissed by Indonesia's Supreme Court in 2007.
Adam Gartrell, Indonesia Correspondent
Out of jail, pedophile needs his airfare home
A convicted Australian pedophile who completed his Indonesian jail term this week will be deported as soon as someone pays his airfare.
Donald John Storen, 61, was released from jail in Mataram, Lombok, on Thursday and ordered to leave the country.
However, an immigration official in Mataram said yesterday his office could not afford to fly the former resort employee home and was holding him until his lawyer or family raised the funds for a ticket.
"We will give him his passport and take him to the airport when he has a ticket," the official said. "We want it to happen as early as possible."
A prison spokesman said yesterday Storen had served his full term, taking into account the time he was in custody between arrest and conviction.
Storen was originally sentenced to four years' prison after being convicted of sexually abusing four under-age boys in July 2006 in a hotel in Lombok's Senggigi resort area. His sentence was increased on appeal by the prosecutors to the maximum five years allowable for the offences.
The chief judge said it was necessary to send a strong message against pedophilia.
Storen's appeal against the sentence was dismissed in August 2007 by the Supreme Court.
The former Adelaide boxing promoter, who was managing a Senggigi resort at the time, had consistently denied the offences.
During the trial, Mataram District Court was told he had lured the boys aged 13 to 15 to his hotel room with the promise of money and other inducements.
Storen claimed the boys made the accusations up to avoid charges after hotel security reported them to police for breaking into his room and stealing a watch.
However, chief judge Ida Bagus Putu Madeg said Storen was proved "legitimately and convincingly guilty of committing sexual abuses to same-sex minors, continually".
Listing Australian Convicted Paedophiles/ Sex Offenders/ Child Killers..
FREE Public Service..
See also -
A paradise for pedophiles (7-10-2006)
See also -
Safety For Women
Report Sex Crime
Victim Assistance/ Referral
Copyright © MAKO
2011. All Rights Reserved.