Home
MAKO/File Online   -  # Troy Allan Burley

The purpose of this website/ information is to promote public awareness/ protection, help prevent you and those close to you from the potential dangers posed by individuals who have committed sex offences in the past and to deter sex offenders from offending/ re-offending. Any criminal actions taken by persons against the offenders named within this site, may result in arrest and prosecution of those persons.
When you use this website you agree to the terms of use/ disclaimer

Home    About MAKO    Services    Contact    Prevention    MAKO/Files    Community Notification    Report    Referral    Profile's    Facts/ Stats    Online Dangers    Child Safety    MAKO Petitions    Research/ Resources    Books    DNA Info
Safety For Women    News/ Articles    Your Comments    Australian Politicians/ Contacts    Join    Sponsors    Donations    Links



THE MAKO/Files Online are a FREE PUBLIC SERVICE

The 'MAKO/Files' Online and MAKO/Files Online WTC are Australia's 1st " FREE PUBLIC" Paedophile/Sex offender registries, and collectively list/ name over 2000 offenders nationwide, with more offenders being added on a regular basis.. 98+% of offenders listed in the MAKO/Files Online and MAKO/Files Online- (WTC) have been convicted by a court of law.
(The MAKO/Files Online also lists Child Killers and individuals convicted of other forms of child abuse/NOT only child sexual abuse)

A typical Online MAKO/File (offenders file) may include the offenders name,age(2008),photo where possible,occupation,offence-s committed,sentence received by the court, and last known location-
(last known location is taken from time of offenders offence/sentence,unless otherwise stated).

AWARENESS = PREVENTION..
Not only can the MAKO/Files online be used by the Australian PUBLIC to better protect themselves and their CHILDREN/ families from proven sex offenders, they have many other benefits, including..

DETERRING some offenders = yet another form of prevention..

+ being a useful resource for Australian and overseas Companies-businesses-organisations to assist with screening potential employees/volunteers etc..
+ a useful resource for media outlets/journalists/Investigators/researchers etc..
+ a useful method of constantly lobbying Australian Government/s and politicians to do more to protect the PUBLIC from sexual predators.
"Tougher sentencing for offenders,greater government funding for prevention/better victim assistance and public sex offender registries would be a good foundation to work from."


Name: TROY ALLEN BURLEY (Troy Burley)

Age: 33 yrs old (2011)

State: QLD- Ipswich

Sentence: Sentenced in 1998, to 20 yrs jail-served 12 yrs- Released on parole on 11-5-2010..Sentenced in Nov 2012, to 15 months jail for offences, including several counts of stealing, burglary,possession of drugs and a syringe and attempted corruption of a witness.
The court was told Burley committed the most recent offences while on parole for the sex attacks.

Offence/Other: Troy Allan Burley- Dubbed the Railway Rapist for his evil practice of stalking women near suburban railway stations..pleaded guilty to 27 charges,including seven rapes.. He was eventually convicted of assaulting three women at the Gailes and Ebbw Vale railway stations, near Ipswich, between April and June 1996..He also raped a British tourist in a shower block at a Bundaberg caravan park in October 1995.

News 2/11/2012 - Burley,who was released on parole on May 11, 2010 - was back in court yesterday for "very concerning" offences of being caught in possession "dozens of pairs" of women's underwear - some of which belonged to his current girlfriend.
The Brisbane District Court was told Burley was returned to custody in April last year when police found him in possession of a range of stolen property including underwear belonging to his girlfriend's elderly mother and a young woman dating her son.
Judge Deborah Richards sentenced Burley to an extra 15 months jail on a swag of charges including several counts of stealing, burglary, possession of drugs and a syringe and attempted corruption of a witness.
The court was told Burley committed the most recent offences while on parole for the sex attacks.
Judge Richards' sentence means Burley's full-time release date for the savage rapes - which had been October 28, 2018 - has now been extended until early 2020.-read more below-

Troy Burley




Man dubbed the Railway Rapist back in Brisbane court

A notorious sadistic sex predator - dubbed the "Railway Rapist" for brutal attacks on female rail commuters in the mid-1990s - was back to his sexually deviant ways after being released on parole, a court has been told.
Troy Allan Burley, now aged 34, was sentenced to 20 years jail in 1997 for raping three women and the attempted rape of a fourth in Ipswich and Bundaberg.
Then aged 17, Burley grabbed national media attention when was given the dubious Ipswich Railway Rapist tag for his evil practice of stalking women near suburban railway stations.
He was eventually convicted of assaulting three women at the Gailes and Ebbw Vale railway stations, near Ipswich, between April and June 1996.
He also raped a British tourist in a shower block at a Bundaberg caravan park in October 1995.
Burley, then residing at Ebbw Vale, in Ipswich, was only caught when his girlfriend found the phone number of one of the victims, which Burley took while assaulting her, and telephoned her to confront her about whether she was her boyfriend's secret lover.
Burley - who was released on parole on May 11, 2010 - was back in court yesterday for "very concerning" offences of being caught in possession "dozens of pairs" of women's underwear - some of which belonged to his current girlfriend.
The Brisbane District Court was told Burley was returned to custody in April last year when police found him in possession of a range of stolen property including underwear belonging to his girlfriend's elderly mother and a young woman dating her son.
Judge Deborah Richards sentenced Burley to an extra 15 months jail on a swag of charges including several counts of stealing, burglary, possession of drugs and a syringe and attempted corruption of a witness.
The court was told Burley committed the most recent offences while on parole for the sex attacks.
Judge Richards' sentence means Burley's full-time release date for the savage rapes - which had been October 28, 2018 - has now been extended until early 2020.
The Courier-Mail in 1997 revealed Burley's attacks were described by the prosecutor - now presiding District Court Judge Leanne Clair - as a "chilling pattern" that involved grabbing women from behind, tying clothing over their faces and taunting his victims during the attack.
Burley also threatened to kill the women if they went to police.
His sentencing judge, Charles Brabazon, said there had been sadistic overtones in Burley's attack on four women.
"The attacks were terrifying, humiliating, degrading ordeals in which you used a knife," Judge Brabazon told Burley.
"It was made even worse because you threatened to pursue your victims and kill them if they reported you to police."
Burley originally pleaded guilty to 27 charges, including seven rapes, during the trial.
He was sentenced to 16 years jail but the then Attorney-General Denver Beanland appealed the leniency of the sentence.
The Court of Appeal unanimously increased Burley's sentence to 20 years in 1998.
Lawyers for Burley said the convicted rapist was now a Queensland prison "success story" after having completed more than 120 courses while in custody.
Barrister Joshua Jones, for Burley, said his client accepted his raping of the victims more than 15-years ago was a "despicable" and "low cowardly act."
Burley, who appeared in court sporting a shaved head and wearing black long-sleeved shirt and trousers, blew kisses from the dock to his girlfriend seated in the rear of court surrounded by her mother and his father.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/man-dubbed-the-railway-rapist-back-in-brisbane-court/story-fndo2iwh-1226509379530

The Courier-Mail (2-11-2012)
Tony Keim

MAKO/Files Online.. Listing Australian Convicted Paedophiles/ Sex Offenders/ Child Killers.. FREE Public Service..




Railway Rapist Troy Burley back behind bars after allegedly violating parole

A convicted rapist has been arrested just short of a year after he was released on parole following a lengthy prison sentence.
Troy Burley, now 33, who was convicted over a number of sadistic sex attacks in the mid-1990's, was arrested in April and has already appeared in court twice, resulting in his parole being revoked.
None of his new charges involve sexual assaults.
Convicted rapist Troy Burley is led into court in Ipswich in 2000
Burley was released on parole on May 11, 2010 by the Queensland Parole Board after serving 12 years of a 20 year sentence for the rapes of three women and the attempted rape of a fourth in Bundaberg and Ipswich.
His new charges include possessing dangerous drugs, failure to take reasonable care, possession of tainted property and entering a dwelling and committing an indictable offence.
Burley was remanded in custody and is scheduled to reappear in the Redcliffe Magistrates Court on May 30.
The former high-security inmate was convicted in 1997 on charges of rape, attempted rape, assault and deprivation of liberty charges.
Burley, then 17, raped a British tourist in a shower block at a Bundaberg caravan park in October 1995.
He was later dubbed the ``Railway Rapist'' after assaulting three women at the Gailes and Ebbw Vale railway stations, near Ipswich, between April and June 1996.
Burley's attacks were described by a prosecutor during his 1997 trial in Brisbane's District Court as a ``chilling pattern'' that involved grabbing women from behind, tying clothing over their faces and taunting his victims during the attack.
He also threatened to kill the women if they went to police.
His sentencing judge said there had been sadistic overtones in Burley's attack on four women.
``The attacks were terrifying, humiliating, degrading ordeals in which you used a knife,'' Judge Charles Brabazon told Burley. ``It was made even worse because you threatened to pursue your victims and kill them if they reported you to police.''
Burley originally pleaded guilty to 27 charges, including seven rapes, during the trial.
He was sentenced to 16 years jail but the then Attorney-General Denver Beanland appealed the leniency of the sentence.
The Court of Appeal unanimously increased Burley's sentence to 20 years in 1998.

The Courier-Mail (25-5-2011)
www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/railway-rapist-troy-burley-back-behind-bars-after-allegedly-violating-parole/story-e6freoof-1226062353952


'Railway rapist' on strict parole

THE Corrective Services Department says it has imposed strict parole conditions on “railway rapist” Troy Allen Burley.
The Police Union questioned the parole board’s decision to release Burley back to Ipswich eight years short of his 20-year sentence.
Burley pleaded guilty in 1997 to vicious sex assaults on four women, including the daylight rapes of two women near Ebbw Vale train station.
A Corrective Services Department spokesman said yesterday Burley’s parole order contained conditions including random drug and alcohol testing, no contact, direct or indirect, with his victims or the victims’ families, attending all required courses, programs, meetings and counselling and living at a residence approved by the parole board or the corrective services officer and not changing address without their permission.
“The parole boards are independent bodies,” the spokesman said.
“They take community safety into account among a broad range of factors when considering a parole application, including the offender’s past offences and patterns of offending, the possibility of the offender committing further offences, the history of any previous parole orders and whether rehabilitation programs have been successfully completed.
“Board members also examine extensive case history, including details about a prisoner’s behaviour in custody and the viability of the relapse prevention and release plans.
“They also examine risk of physical or psychological harm to a member of the community, behavioural reports and the sentencing Judge’s recommendations.”

The Queensland Times(26-5-2010)
http://www.qt.com.au/story/2010/05/26/rapist-must-report-in-railway/






MAKO/Files Online.. Listing Australian Convicted Paedophiles/ Sex Offenders/ Child Killers.. FREE Public Service..











Australian News
Wanted Offenders
Safety For Women
Report Sex Crime
Victim Assistance/ Referral
Community Notification










Search on: Google - Google USENET - Yahoo - AltaVista - All the Web - Gigablast - HotBot - Lycos - Teoma - WiseNut

Copyright © MAKO 2011. All Rights Reserved. Legal/Disclaimer/ Privacy/ Terms Of Use.