Australian News

The purpose of this website/ information is to promote public awareness/ protection, prevent you and those close to you from the potential dangers posed by individuals who have committed sex offences in the past and to deter sex offenders from offending/re-offending. Any criminal actions taken by persons against the offenders named within this site, may result in arrest and prosecution of those persons.

Home    About MAKO    Services    Contact    Prevention    MAKO/Files    Community Notification    Report    Referral    Profile's    Facts/ Stats    Online Dangers    Child Safety    MAKO Petitions    Research/ Resources    Books    DNA Info
Safety For Women    News/ Articles    Your Comments    Australian Politicians/ Contacts    Join    Sponsors    Donations    Links

Father Says he Killed Baby Son

A young father who admitted killing his baby son will be sentenced next month.
Adrian Keith Stone, 20, of Happy Valley, yesterday pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of eight-week-old Michael in June, 2005, and was released on bail.
Michael suffered head injuries, breaks in both ankles, left wrist fractures and 10 cracks to his ribs.
Stone took the unconscious baby to Flinders Medical Centre emergency department, but Michael could not be resuscitated. He was pronounced dead 16 minutes later.
An autopsy carried out on Michael discounted initial suggestions that sudden infant death syndrome had claimed his life.
It is understood Michael's head injuries caused a massive brain haemorrhage.
Stone and Michael's mother, Natalie Adele Marr, were charged with murdering their baby one month later.
The charge against Marr was dropped.
Stone appeared in the District Court yesterday and confirmed his guilty plea to manslaughter.
He was released on bail for submissions.

www.news.com.au (16-1-2007)
Gavin Lower

MAKO/Files Online.. Listing Australian Convicted Paedophiles/ Sex Offenders/ Child Killers.. FREE Public Service..

Man Gets Bail After Admitting to Manslaughter of Son

A Reynella man has been allowed to walk from a South Australian court on bail, despite admitting to the manslaughter of his eight-week-old son last year.
Twenty-year-old Adrian Keith Stone today pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of his baby son, Michael, who died in hospital from severe head injuries in June last year.
Stone and his 20-year-old partner Natalie Adele Marr were jointly charged with murder and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.
But in the Adelaide Magistrates Court today prosecutors dropped all charges against Marr and accepted Stone's guilty plea to manslaughter, in exchange for dropping the murder charge against him.
Magistrate Frederick Field remanded Stone on continuing bail to appear in the District Court for sentencing next year.

abc.net.au (8-12-2006)

Mum And Dad On Murder Charge

THE teenage parents of Michael Stone-Marr have been charged with the murder of their eight-week-old baby.
Adelaide detectives from Sturt CIB arrested Adrian Keith Stone, 19, of Reynella, at his workplace on Friday afternoon.
The teary-eyed laser printer operator, who celebrated his birthday on Thursday, was taken handcuffed to the Sturt police station at 3pm, where he was interviewed and charged by police.
His distressed girlfriend, Natalie Adele Marr, 19, also from Reynella, turned herself into police almost three hours later.
Waiting detectives ushered her into an interview room before she was charged.
The pair did not respond to questions as they walked into the police station.
Both Mr Stone and Ms Marr have been charged with murder and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.
Police say the assault charges relate to healing fractures to baby Michael's ankles, left wrist and ribs, some up to 10 days old.
The couple were refused police bail and were remanded in custody to appear in the Adelaide Magistrates Court tomorrow.
It is understood prominent criminal lawyers Craig Caldicott and Stephen Ey will represent the couple.
The charges come just two weeks after the Sunday Mail revealed police were investigating the infant's death as murder. Police said baby Michael died on Friday, June 3.
Mr Stone took the unconscious baby to the Flinders Medical Centre emergency department at 8.15pm.
But the baby could not be resuscitated and was pronounced dead 16 minutes later.
It is believed two fractures to the rear of his skull caused a massive brain haemorrhage.
Autopsy results showed the baby's ankles were fractured, his left wrist broken and his ribs cracked in 10 places.
The autopsy discounted initial investigations of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome as the cause of death.
Police have rejected a suggestion the child was suffering brittle bone disease when he died.
The genetic disorder causes diminished bone strength and random fractures.
Morphett Vale pediatrician Dr Christopher Lamb has made a statement to police the baby was healthy when he conducted a routine examination at six weeks of age, the Sunday Mail reported last week.
Detective Sergeant Derek Wright said he was satisfied with the outcome of the investigation, but the length and nature of the case had been frustrating.
"We still have a baby that has died and two young people whose lives have changed," he said.

Sunday Mail (28-8-2005)
Nicole Cox

MAKO/Files Online.. Listing Australian Convicted Paedophiles/ Sex Offenders/ Child Killers.. FREE Public Service..

Australian News
Wanted Offenders
Safety For Women
Report Sex Crime
Victim Assistance/ Referral
Community Notification

Search on: Google - Google USENET - Yahoo - AltaVista - All the Web - Gigablast - HotBot - Lycos - Teoma - WiseNut

Copyright © MAKO -2011. All Rights Reserved. Legal/Disclaimer/ Privacy/ Terms Of Use.