Home
Australian News

The purpose of this website/ information is to promote public awareness/protection, prevent you and those close to you from the potential dangers posed by individuals who have committed sex offences in the past and to deter sex offenders from offending/re- offending. Any criminal actions taken by persons against the offenders named within this site, may result in arrest and prosecution of those persons.

Home    About MAKO    Services    Contact    Prevention    MAKO/Files    Community Notification    Report    Referral    Profile's    Facts/ Stats    Online Dangers    Child Safety    MAKO Petitions    Research/ Resources    Books    DNA Info
Safety For Women    News/ Articles    Your Comments    Australian Politicians/ Contacts    Join    Sponsors    Donations    Links





Radio producer finally admits sex offences

Andrew Knoller Pearce.

A former radio producer found guilty of child sex crimes has spoken directly to one of his victims in court, finally admitting to his eight years of offending.
At his sentencing on Wednesday, Andrew Knoller Pearce stood in the dock in the District Court in Adelaide and told a story involving the family friend, who was aged about 12 at the time.
He said they had been driving home one day back in about 2000 when the boy asked to get out of the car.
Pearce stopped but later drove around the block in a bid to find the boy again.
When he finally located him he told him he would not have been able to live with himself if anything bad had happened to him.
But he said the truth was: "I was the bad thing that was happening to you at that time."
Pearce also told the victim and his family that he was now sorry for putting them through the trauma of a trial over his "terrible" crimes and said there was no excuse for his offending.
"It's something for which I will be eternally sorry," he said.
Pearce, 59, was found guilty in July of the persistent sexual exploitation of two boys between 1994 and 2002.
He had been living with a family at suburban Valley View at the time and one of his victims was their son and the other a friend of the son.
Judge Julie McIntyre said Pearce took advantage of his good reputation to engage in prolonged, frequent and systematic offending to gratify his sexual desires.
The judge described his future as bleak and jailed him for 14 years with a non-parole period of eight years.


www.news.com.au (28-8-2013)
http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/radio-producer-finally-admits-sex-offences/story-e6frfku9-1226705879387




MAKO/Files Online.. Listing Australian Convicted Paedophiles/ Sex Offenders/ Child Killers.. FREE Public Service..





Former radio producer finally acknowledges crimes

A former Adelaide radio producer convicted of child sex offences has been jailed for a maximum of 14 years after finally acknowledging his guilt.
Andrew Pearce, 59, was found guilty of the persistent sexual abuse of two boys aged between seven and 14 from 1994 to 2001.
He continued to deny his guilt until today when he apologised from the dock to one of his victims.
Pearce claimed he always wanted to protect the boy and did not realise what he was doing was wrong.
"I coudn't live with myself if anything bad happened to him. I was the bad thing that was happening to him. I apologise for the trauma of having being cross examined," he said.
"There can be no excuse for what I did. I don't make any excuses... it's something for which I'll be eternally sorry."
The District Court heard Pearce was friends with the parents of one of the boys and he had met the other child through them and a sporting club.
"You took advantage of the closeness of your relationship with (your victim's) parents... and your involvement in the boys' sporting club to commit your offending," Judge Julie McIntyre told Pearce during sentencing.
She said Pearce had volunteered as a player and administrator at various sporting clubs.
"It could be said that you used your good reputation to allow you to commit this offending," she said.
"You took advantage of the trust and friendship of the family. Quite rightly you say there is no excuse for your behaviour but I'm pleased that you have acknowledged your offending.
"The fact is that children have a right to feel safe in their homes and to be protected from offenders such as you."
She jailed him for 14 years and set an eight year non-parole period, saying there was no good reason to suspend the sentence.
The former producer at radio station 5AA was last year acquitted of similar charges dating back 30 years.


www.abc.net.au (28-8-2013)
Loukas Founten
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-28/former-radio-producer-jailed-after-finally-acknowledging-his-gu/4919308/?site=adelaide




Alleged abuser a Redgum roadie

Music legend John Schumann has told a court one of two accused paedophiles standing trial for the sexual abuse of a boy was a roadie for his band Redgum.
The former lead singer of the band appeared in the District Court yesterday as a prosecution witness in the trial of Andrew Knoller Pearce, 58, and Raymond Ronald Rozankowski, 56.
Both men have denied committing sex offences against a boy, then aged 13 or 14, in the late 1970s.
Yesterday, Mr Schumann said that he knew of a man called Ray in the early 1980s, who he since learned was Raymond Rozankowski: "He was for a period of time part of our very small road crew."
Mr Schumann said he also knew of Pearce around this time. "To the best of my knowledge he shared a house with our manager, Chris Gunn," he said.
The court also heard from the alleged victim's mother, who said she wanted justice for her son. "I ... said whatever you do, tell the police, tell them everything," she said.
Previously, prosecutor Tali Costi said notorious killer Bevan Spencer von Einem was allegedly present on one occasion of Rozankowski's alleged offending.
The trial, before Judge Paul Cuthbertson, continues today.


www.adelaidenow.com.au (16-4-2012)
Hannah Silverman
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/alleged-abuser-a-redgum-roadie/story-e6frea83-1226328188722




Radio man in child abuse trial

Andrew Knoller Pearce is facing trial for child sex offences dating back 30 years.
Pearce, 57, of Clearview, is best known as being the radio producer for KG Cunningham and Graham Cornes.
He will face the District Court next month accused of sexually assaulting a boy, aged between 12 and 13 years, in the late 1970s.
Pearce is well-known in Adelaide's media circles for his long working relationship with Ken "KG" Cunningham.
It began on the now-defunct 5DN radio station decades ago, with Cunningham as the on-air "talent" and Pearce as his producer.
When Cunningham moved to FIVEaa and began his partnership with football legend Graham Cornes, Pearce changed stations as well.
He served as the duo's producer for about 14 years, but no longer works for FIVEaa.
Pearce and his co-accused, Raymond Ronald Rozankowski, have each pleaded not guilty to multiple sex offences.
Pearce has denied three counts of unlawful sexual intercourse and four counts of indecent assault.
Rozankowski, 55, of Pennington, has denied six counts of unlawful sexual intercourse and three counts of indecent assault.
The offences are alleged to have occurred at locations including Parkside, Adelaide, Salisbury and Direk.
Prosecutors will allege alcohol and drugs were involved in the offences, as were acts of both anal and oral sex.
Until now, Pearce's identity was protected by the Evidence Act (1939).
It prohibits the media from naming - or identifying, in any way - a person accused of committing a sexual offence and bans reporting of the names of alleged victims.
Alleged offenders lose that protection when they are ordered to stand trial.
Last month, the Rann Government announced the law would be reviewed in the wake of child pornography allegations against a state MP.
Attorney-General John Rau said the review would be conducted by former Northern Territory Supreme Court Chief Justice Brian Martin, who officiated at the Bradley Murdoch and "bodies in the barrels" murder trials.
Pearce and Rozankowski have been remanded on continuing bail.


www.adelaidenow.com.au (4-6-2011)
Sean Fewster
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/radio-man-in-child-abuse-trial/story-e6frea6u-1226069016827




MAKO/Files Online.. Listing Australian Convicted Paedophiles/ Sex Offenders/ Child Killers.. FREE Public Service..






Australian News
Wanted Offenders
Safety For Women
Sex Offenders- Electronic Tagging
Victim Assistance/ eferral
Community Notification








Search on: Google - Google USENET - Yahoo - AltaVista - All the Web - Gigablast - HotBot - Lycos - Teoma - WiseNut

Copyright © MAKO 2010. All Rights Reserved. Legal/Disclaimer/ Privacy/ Terms Of Use.