Home
Australian News

The purpose of this website/ information is to promote public awareness/ protection, prevent you and those close to you from the potential dangers posed by individuals who have committed sex offences in the past and to deter sex offenders from offending/re-offending. Any criminal actions taken by persons against these offenders, may result in arrest and prosecution of those persons.

Home    About MAKO    Services    Contact    Prevention    MAKO/Files    Community Notification    Report    Referral    Profile's    Facts/ Stats    Online Dangers    Child Safety    MAKO Petitions    Research/ Resources    Books    DNA Info
Safety For Women    News/ Articles    Your Comments    Australian Politicians/ Contacts    Join    Sponsors    Donations    Links



Parents Told Of Alleged Child Rape On School Grounds

Parents at an Adelaide Catholic school have been advised of the alleged rape of a four-year-old girl within the school grounds.
Port Adelaide police last month arrested and charged a 28-year-old man who had been working as a teacher's assistant at the school.
The director of Catholic Education in South Australia, Alan Dooley, says the man has been dismissed and they are helping police with investigations.
He says parents of other children at the school have been informed about the incident and a telephone advisory service has been established.


AAP (11-5-2005)

MAKO/Files Online.. Listing Australian Convicted Paedophiles/ Sex Offenders/ Child Killers.. FREE Public Service..


Western Suburbs Man Charged
A WESTERN suburbs man has been charged with raping a four-year-old girl at a suburban school.
The man, 28 - who was not a teacher - was employed at the school in a role which brought him into direct contact with children.
The name of the school and the man's occupation cannot be revealed by The Advertiser for legal reasons.
The man, who has been sacked by the school, was charged by Port Adelaide CIB detectives after a 12-day investigation.
The arresting detectives are now investigating additional information that has been received over the past few days concerning the man.
They are also making inquiries concerning other schools he has worked at in recent years. Director of Catholic Education in South Australia Allan Dooley last night confirmed the man had been dismissed after the alleged offending was discovered.
"We are co-operating fully with the police in their investigations so that justice is carried out with regard to both the alleged offender and the alleged victim," he said.
"We are doing everything we can to support the alleged victim and family.
"Parents of other students at the school have been advised of this information."
Mr Dooley said staff at the school had been advised and also offered support.
The Catholic Education Office has also established a telephone helpline , for the school community to contact if they needed assistance or had any information.
Mr Dooley said Catholic Education had clear policies and practices in place covering child protection and they were "constantly reviewed".
"An alleged event such as this reinforces most emphatically the need for us to be ever vigilant, attentive and diligent in our application of those policies and practices," he said. Parents of other children at the school were advised of the incident via a letter sent out last Thursday.
It is understood police have been contacted by other parents following the circulation of this letter.


Adelaide Advertiser (11-5-2005)


Schools and Sex Offenders

Australian News
WANTED OFFENDERS
Safety For Women
Report Sex Crime
Victim Assistance/Referral
Community Notification





Copyright © MAKO -2011. All Rights Reserved. Legal/Disclaimer/ Privacy/ Terms Of Use.