Home
MAKO - Australian News

The purpose of this website/ information is to promote public awareness/protection, prevent you and those close to you from the potential dangers posed by individuals who have committed sex offences in the past and to deter sex offenders from offending/re- offending. Any criminal actions taken by persons against the offenders named within this site, may result in arrest and prosecution of those persons.

Home    About MAKO    Services    Contact    Prevention    MAKO/Files    Community Notification    Report    Referral    Profile's    Facts/ Stats    Online Dangers    Child Safety    MAKO Petitions    Research/ Resources    Books    DNA Info
Safety For Women    News/ Articles    Your Comments    Australian Politicians/ Contacts    Join    Sponsors    Donations    Links



Magistrate concerned Gold Coast man who filmed a seven-year-old boy in a public toilet is a risk of reoffending

Michael Christopher Lewis.


A Magistrate has voiced concerns a Gold Coast man who filmed a seven-year-old boy underneath a toilet stall in northern NSW last month is a risk of reoffending.
This comes after two Gold Coast women revealed they had contacted Queensland Police about Michael Christopher Lewis’s ­behaviour at a park previously but no charges had been laid.
According to court documents, the 20-year-old has told NSW police he is autistic and “has trouble controlling sexual urges regarding children”.
The documents also allege he told NSW officers a series of photos they found on his iPad were taken in toilets in Queensland but police said ­yesterday he was not wanted in this state.
Lewis has pleaded guilty in the Tweed Heads Local Court to one charge of filming a person’s private parts without consent, but the case was adjourned ­yesterday after magistrate ­Michael Dakin requested an ­additional report.
“I’m concerned of future offending and his disengagement with the psychologist,” Mr Dakin said. “There is the suggestion he is a risk of reoffending.”
Mr Dakin said a pre-sentence report was needed to address the risk of reoffending before the case could go further.
Lewis filmed the child at a Banora Point venue about 8pm on May 3, and faces a maximum of five years in prison.
When police raided his Elanora home on May 6, they seized an iPad which allegedly contained images taken in public toilets in Queensland — but not the photo from Banora Point.
That image was on his phone, and he deleted it when told police were making inquiries, according to court documents.
The case is before the courts again on July 14.


www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au (3-6-2014)
Melanie Petrinec
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/crime-court/magistrate-concerned-gold-coast-man-who-filmed-a-sevenyearold-boy-in-a-public-toilet-is-a-risk-of-reoffending/story-fnje8bkv-1226940600480


MAKO/Files Online.. Listing Australian Convicted Paedophiles/ Sex Offenders/ Child Killers.. FREE Public Service..



Gold Coast man admits to filming boy under toilet door

A Gold Coast man has admitted he filmed a seven-year-old boy under a toilet door during a child’s birthday party and has taken similar images of unsuspecting victims previously.
The 20-year-old man pleaded guilty in the Tweed Heads Local Court yesterday to a charge of filming a person's private parts without consent.
Court files revealed he was autistic and by his own admission “has trouble controlling sexual urges regarding children”.
On May 3 about 8pm, the man filmed the child at a Banora Point, NSW venue, where the boy was attending a friend’s birthday party.
“He noticed a mobile phone being placed under the cubical wall. He tried to kick the phone but the person holding the phone persisted three times,” court documents state.
The boy told his family who reported the incident to police.
Officers attended the man’s Elanora home while he was not there on May 6, and seized an iPad. It contained images taken in other public toilets in Queensland — but not the photo from Banora Point. That image was on his phone, and he deleted it when told police were making inquiries.
The man was interviewed by police on May 7 and made admissions, court documents alleged. The matter was adjourned for sentence on June 2.


www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au (20-5-2014)
Melanie Petrinec
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/crime-court/gold-coast-man-admits-to-filming-boy-under-toilet-door/story-fnje8bkv-1226923457489


A man has been charged with filming a child while using a public toilet in the Tweed area

A man will appear in court for allegedly filming a child in a public toilet block in the Tweed Shire. It is alleged, a seven-year-old boy told police someone had attempted to film him while he was using a public- toilet at a Banora Point recreation facility, on Saturday. Tweed Heads Detectives began an investigation which included searching a Queensland property where they seized a computer. Officers arrested a 20-year-old Elanora man and he has been charged with filming a person's private parts in circumstances of aggravation. The man has been granted strict conditional bail and will appear in the Tweed Heads Local Court on May the 19th.

www.abc.net.au (9-5-2014)
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-09/illegal-filming/5441614




MAKO/Files Online.. Listing Australian Convicted Paedophiles/ Sex Offenders/ Child Killers.. FREE Public Service..






Australian News
Wanted Offenders
Safety For Women
Sex Offenders- Electronic Tagging
Victim Assistance/ eferral
Community Notification








Search on: Google - Google USENET - Yahoo - AltaVista - All the Web - Gigablast - HotBot - Lycos - Teoma - WiseNut

Copyright © MAKO 2010. All Rights Reserved. Legal/Disclaimer/ Privacy/ Terms Of Use.