Home
MAKO/File Online   -  # Paul William Thomas

The purpose of this website/ information is to promote public awareness/ protection, help prevent you and those close to you from the potential dangers posed by individuals who have committed sex offences in the past and to deter sex offenders from offending/ re-offending. Any criminal actions taken by persons against the offenders named within this site, may result in arrest and prosecution of those persons.
When you use this website you agree to the terms of use/ disclaimer

Home    About MAKO    Services    Contact    Prevention    MAKO/Files    Community Notification    Report    Referral    Profile's    Facts/ Stats    Online Dangers    Child Safety    MAKO Petitions    Research/ Resources    Books    DNA Info
Safety For Women    News/ Articles    Your Comments    Australian Politicians/ Contacts    Join    Sponsors    Donations    Links



THE MAKO/Files Online are a FREE PUBLIC SERVICE

The 'MAKO/Files' Online and MAKO/Files Online WTC are Australia's 1st " FREE PUBLIC" Paedophile/Sex offender registries, and collectively list/ name over 2000 offenders nationwide, with more offenders being added on a regular basis.. 98+% of offenders listed in the MAKO/Files Online and MAKO/Files Online- (WTC) have been convicted by a court of law.
(The MAKO/Files Online also lists Child Killers and individuals convicted of other forms of child abuse/NOT only child sexual abuse)

A typical Online MAKO/File (offenders file) may include the offenders name,age(2008),photo where possible,occupation,offence-s committed,sentence received by the court, and last known location-
(last known location is taken from time of offenders offence/sentence,unless otherwise stated).

AWARENESS = PREVENTION..
Not only can the MAKO/Files online be used by the Australian PUBLIC to better protect themselves and their CHILDREN/ families from proven sex offenders, they have many other benefits, including..

DETERRING some offenders = yet another form of prevention..

+ being a useful resource for Australian and overseas Companies-businesses-organisations to assist with screening potential employees/volunteers etc..
+ a useful resource for media outlets/journalists/Investigators/researchers etc..
+ a useful method of constantly lobbying Australian Government/s and politicians to do more to protect the PUBLIC from sexual predators.
"Tougher sentencing for offenders,greater government funding for prevention/better victim assistance and public sex offender registries would be a good foundation to work from."


Name: Paul William Craig Matthew Thomas

Age: 44 yrs old (2013)

State: SA

Sentence: Sentenced in July 2005 to 3 yrs jail - 2.5 yrs non parole..Backdated to March 2004.

Other: Paul William Craig Thomas/REPEAT OFFENDER..Pleaded guilty in an SA District Court to 3 counts of abducting a child/ found guilty of 6 counts of causing a child to expose his body. Victims were 3 boys (aged under 10yrs). Thomas approached 3 young boys in a park (Elizabeth Vale), before abducting them in March 2004. After a wide police search they were located with Thomas at Maslin beach. Thomas had also given the boys alcohol. Prior conviction 1996 (indecent ssault)- Victim was a teenage boy/ Sentenced to 18 months jail.

Paul Thomas


Kidnap Accused Gave Boys Alcohol, Court Told


Three northern suburbs boys who were allegedly abducted by a man earlier this month did not know the accused, the Adelaide Magistrates Court has heard.
Paul William Thomas, 35, of no fixed address, is charged with three counts of unlawful detention, in relation to the alleged abduction, on March 14.
Jayanthi McGrath, for the Director of Public Prosecutions, yesterday told the court the boys were playing in an Elizabeth Vale park when they were allegedly approached by Thomas.
"(McCourt) stated that the accused dragged him into the car... and he says the other boys were dragged m the same fashion," Ms McGrath said.
"The accused told the boys he wanted to be their father.
"(But) this man was not known to the children - he was a complete stranger to them."
The court heard Thomas drove the boys to Maslin Beach, where they smoked cigarettes, drank beer and swam naked.
Later that day, it is alleged the boys were taken to o Thomas' friends house for the night. They returned to the beach the next day before Thomas was allegedly found - at 3.15pm - with the children in a Maslin Beach car park.
Magistrate Grantley Harris ordered a home detention bail report be prepared and remanded Thomas in custody.


Adelaide Advertiser 24-3-2004
Alexandra Economou

MAKO/Files Online.. Listing Australian Convicted Paedophiles/ Sex Offenders/ Child Killers.. FREE Public Service..


No Bail For Accused

The man accused of abducting three northern suburbs boys this month has been refused bail in the Adelaide Magistrates Court.
Paul William Thomas, 35, of no fixed address, is charged with three counts of unlawful detention over the alleged abduction of 3 boys.
The court heard the boys were playing in an Elizabeth Vale park when they were allegedly offered $30 by Thomas to go to the beach with him.
Magistrate Gary Gumpi refused Thomas bail and remanded him in custody to face court again next month.


Adelaide Advertiser 30-3-2004


Sex Charges In Kidnap Case

A man accused of abducting three boys and taking them for a naked swim at Maslin's Beach is facing additional sex offence charges.
The man, who cannot be identified, faced the District Court yesterday on three counts of abducting a child and six new charges of "gratifying a prurient interest" by causing the boys to expose their bodies.
Court documents allege the 36-year-old told the boys - aged eight, nine and 10 - he wanted to "be their father", and swam with them until they became sunburned.
But the man has denied the charges, saying the boys approached him because they were undernourished and "wanted a feed".
Yesterday, his counsel asked that arraignment on the charges be postponed by one week to allow further negotiations with the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions.
Judge Peter Allan agreed, remanding the man in custody until Monday. In prosecution documents filed with the court, the man is accused of approaching the three boys in a park on March 14 and asking if "they wanted a swim". When they agreed, he drove them to Maslin's Beach where all four of them undressed and swam naked until the boys "became sunburnt on their bodies and their backsides".
Meanwhile, their disappearance sparked a police manhunt involving the police helicopter, 40 State Emergency Service volunteers, mounted police, the Metropolitan Fire Service and the STAR Group.
After swimming, the man allegedly bought beer at a Moana drive- through and arranged for them all to stay the night at a house in Morphett Vale.
In the documents, two of the boys claim the man gave them beer to drink, while one says the man expressed his desire "to be their father and they his sons". When one of the boys said he preferred his foster parents, the man allegedly asked: "Wouldn't you rather live with me?"
The man and the boys were found at Maslin's the next day. It is alleged police found pornographic magazines in the car, which the boys said they had been shown.
The documents say the man told police the boys had approached him in the park. He told police, the boys "looked hungry and physically abused", and he took them so he could help them.


Adelaide Advertiser (6-7-2004)
Sean Fewster


Man Admits Abduction

A man has admitted abducting three boys and taking them to a nude beach, but denied any sex offences.
In the District Court yesterday, Paul William Craig Matthew Thomas pleaded guilty to three counts of abducting a child. But the 36- year- old pleaded not guilty to six counts of "gratifying a prurient interest" by causing the boys to expose their bodies.
Yesterday, Adam Gaite, for Thomas, asked sentencing for the abduction charges be put off until the other charges had been to trial. Judge Christopher Lee agreed, remanding Thomas in custody for an August hearing.

Adelaide Advertiser (13-7-2004)



Abductor Preyed On Vulnerable Boys


A man "preyed" upon the vulnerability of three children he abducted from an Elizabeth park, the District Court has heard.
The court was told that on March 14 last year, Paul William Craig Matthew Thomas, 38, took the boys and drove then to Maslin Beach.
After an extensive police search, the boys were found in a car park the day after they were reported missing.
Thomas pleaded guilty to three counts of abducting a child and was subsequently found guilty by Acting Judge Andrew Wilson on six counts of inducing a child to expose his body.
Emily Telfer, prosecuting told the court yesterday there was "no violence or false pretences required" to commit these offences.
"These were vulnerable boys (and) it is clear that Mr Thomas preyed on that vulnerability," she said.
"The protection of children is of particular concern in sentencing for this matter."
She said there was a risk Thomas would re-offend and that he had not acknowldged his wrongdoing against the three boys.
"He told psychiatrist Jules Begg his motivation to the children was one of kindness," she said.
Adam Gaite, for Thomas, said his client accepted he had "done something wrong".
"I accept that (this) is a serious case that has plainly caused the community some concern," he said.
Acting Judge Wilson remanded Thomas in custody for sentencing on Friday.


Adelaide Advertiser (2-7-2005)
Alexandra Economou





MAKO/Files Online.. Listing Australian Convicted Paedophiles/ Sex Offenders/ Child Killers.. FREE Public Service..





Australian News
Wanted Offenders
Safety For Women
Report Sex Crime
Victim Assistance/ Referral
Community Notification



Search on: Google - Google USENET - Yahoo - AltaVista - All the Web - Gigablast - HotBot - Lycos - Teoma - WiseNut

Copyright © MAKO 2010. All Rights Reserved. Legal/Disclaimer/ Privacy/ Terms Of Use.