Home
MAKO - Australian News

The purpose of this website/ information is to promote public awareness/protection, prevent you and those close to you from the potential dangers posed by individuals who have committed sex offences in the past and to deter sex offenders from offending/re- offending. Any criminal actions taken by persons against the offenders named within this site, may result in arrest and prosecution of those persons.

Home    About MAKO    Services    Contact    Prevention    MAKO/Files    Community Notification    Report    Referral    Profile's    Facts/ Stats    Online Dangers    Child Safety    MAKO Petitions    Research/ Resources    Books    DNA Info
Safety For Women    News/ Articles    Your Comments    Australian Politicians/ Contacts    Join    Sponsors    Donations    Links


Paedophile could walk

A convicted paedophile who was arrested for possessing child porn has had the charge dropped and could walk soon, after a judge found police seized his laptop illegally.
Raymond Keith Lloyd, 61, was being investigated for breaching his reporting conditions when police discovered he also had more than 200 exploitation images.
Lloyd’s partner, who didn’t know about his history, gave his laptop to police voluntarily when they discovered the images.
Barrister Tony Collins argued Lloyd’s laptop, containing the images, was inadmissable evidence, because police didn’t get a post-search approval order to search his client’s home.
Lloyd has a long history of sex offences, including being caught viewing child exploitation material in 2009 during a police raid.
This week, Judge Stuart Durward SC ruled the evidence of the laptop was inadmissable, forcing the Crown to drop the charge of possessing child exploitation material against Lloyd. Judge Durward SC has not handed down his reasons for the ruling.
Lloyd’s history of child sex offences started in 1994, when he was jailed for five years for seven counts of indecent dealing with a child under 12 years, as well as wilful exposure and attempted carnal knowledge.
He offended again and was convicted in December 2001 for indecent treatment of a child, and was jailed for two years and three months.
In May 2010 he was back before the court for 11 counts of possessing child exploitation material, and was given three years with immediate parole.
In the newest alleged offending, Lloyd was being investigated for living with a 14-year-old child despite his restrictions, when he was discovered with child porn again.
Lloyd’s charge of breaching reporting conditions was adjourned to June 12.
Bravehearts founder Hettie Johnson urged Attorney General Jarrod Bleijie to appeal against the decision.
“The real issue here is about protecting children,” she said.
“It’s about making sure that people who pose a danger to children are dealt with appropriately. The judges need to focus on that.”

www.townsvillebulletin.com.au (7-6-2014)
Emma Channon
http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/news/paedophile-could-walk/story-fnjfzs4b-1226946560377

Raymond Keith Lloyd, 58, walks free from court after failing to report to authorities his whereabouts

Another convicted pedophile has walked free from court after failing to tell authorities where he was, as the State Government prepares to roll out new technology to track the movements of "high-risk" offenders.
Premier Anna Bligh this week announced dangerous sex offenders would be fitted with GPS devices after more than 6000 people signed The Courier-Mail's petition supporting the initiative.
The proposal was also backed by sporting, business and entertainment celebrities, and the state's major news personalities.
Raymond Keith Lloyd , 58, was recently found in breach of parole conditions by failing to report as per child protection guidelines, but it was revealed in the Townsville District Court this week that he hadn't been told.
The court was told Lloyd was on a suspended sentence after earlier this year successfully appealing against a three-year jail term for 11 counts of possession of child exploitation material, involving videos of sex acts on children as young as two, the Townsville Bulletin reported.
Previously, Lloyd had been jailed for child sex offences including attempted carnal knowledge, indecent dealing with children under 12 and exposing a child to indecent acts.
There are 114 sex offenders listed under the Dangerous Prisoners (Sexual Offenders) Act 2003 (DPSOA), of which 70 living in the community would be fitted with GPS devices, according to the State Government.
A Justice Department spokesman said under DPSOA, the Attorney-General could apply to the Supreme Court for an order to keep a prisoner in jail, or have them released under strict supervision.
"A serious sexual offence is an offence of a sexual nature involving violence or committed against a child. Therefore, all prisoners for child sex offending fall within the ambit of DPSOA," he said.
"Upon application, the court must be satisfied that the prisoner is a serious danger to the community.
"A prisoner is a serious danger to the community if there is an unacceptable risk that the prisoner will commit a serious sexual offence if released from detention or if released without a supervision order being made."
Another 3780 Queensland sex offenders are on the Australian National Child Offender Register.
Queensland Party police and corrections spokesman Darren Hunt said the justice system needed to be tougher.
"The decision in Townsville to release without penalty a serial child sex offender who failed to comply with his order is a disgrace," he said.
"What is the point of having these orders if the judiciary is too weak to enforce them? It's a green light for sex offenders released from custody to do as they please."

The Courier Mail (8-6-2011)
Alison Sandy
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/raymond-keith-lloyd-58-walks-free-from-court-after-failing-to-report-to-authorities-his-whereabouts/story-e6freoof-1226071270451

MAKO/Files Online.. Listing Australian Convicted Paedophiles/ Sex Offenders/ Child Killers.. FREE Public Service..


Paedophile wins appeal case

A convicted Townsville paedophile has been released on two years' probation following a Queensland Court of Appeal review of his case.
Keith Raymond Lloyd
was caught viewing child exploitation material on his computer when police raided his Pimlico home in July, 2009.
He pleaded guilty to 11 charges of possessing the illegal material and, on May 18 last year, was sentenced to three years' jail for each offence.
The jail terms were to be served concurrently, and Lloyd was eligible for parole on July 16 of the same year, as he had already served 10 months in pre-sentence custody.
The material found at Lloyd's home included 609 videos depicting sexual acts on children.
Lloyd appealed against his sentence, saying the three-year jail term for each charge was excessive and there was never any chance he would be released on parole by July 16.
He was in prison for 19 months, about six months beyond his parole eligibility date, and was not able to enrol in a program to rehabilitate him, as such programs cannot be entered into while prisoners are on remand.
Such courses can take longer than six months to complete.
The-three member appeal panel of Chief Justice Paul de Jersey and Justices Richard Chesterman and Margaret White, found that it would be appropriate to put Lloyd on probation for two years so he could undergo courses to help rehabilitate him.
Mr Chesterman said by serving the majority of his sentence, and continuing to wait in prison for the course, the court would not have taken into account Lloyd's pleas of guilty.
He said Lloyd, and society, would benefit from professional supervision to help him with his predilection for mistreating, or watching the mistreatment, of children. But the appeal court justices overturned the application that his sentence was excessive.
Mr Chesterman backed sentencing Judge Stuart Durward's comments that Lloyd did not appear to regard the videos as abhorrent and was a recidivist offender.
He said the videos contained acts that were "repulsive and repugnant to any ordinary human sensitivity".
Lloyd was jailed twice for child sex charges in 1994 and 2001.
The Court of Appeal justices ordered that Lloyd's three-year sentence for the first 10 charges be suspended for three years, and set aside the sentence for the final charge in place of two years' probation. He will be required to undergo a course to address his behaviour.
Upon his release, Lloyd is required to register with the police and inform them of his whereabouts once a week for the next 10 years.

Townsville Bulletin (16-2-2011)
Liam Butterworth
http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2011/02/16/207941_news.html

Paedophile jailed for three years

Raymond Keith Lloyd, 59, was caught red-handed by police when they raided his Pimlico home in July last year, interrupting him in the act of searching the web for pornography involving children.
Yesterday when Lloyd appeared for sentencing, Judge Durward took 17 minutes to read into the record details of some of the 69 video files police seized in the raid.
The material all involved children as young as two, and the nature of the material is such that none of the contents can be published in this newspaper.
Judge Durward noted that Lloyd had a paedophile history resulting in jail time dating back to 1994, when he was sentenced to eight years imprisonment for at least 45 offences against children aged between six and 11.
In December 2001, he was again sentenced to jail, this time for two and half years for more sexual offences against young children.
But while strongly condemning Lloyd's action, Judge Durward was directly critical of the system that allowed a serious sex offender to stay on remand for the last 10 months without access to rehabilitation programs, which are not allowed to prisoners awaiting sentence.
''It is unacceptable and wrong,'' the judge said, and called for better resources for investigators of matters such as these so matters could be dealt with more quickly.
The judge also put it on record that he noted although Lloyd had been placed in protective security at the jail, he had been assaulted while there.
Judge Durward said the only mitigating factor was Lloyd's guilty plea, but he said that was hardly surprising because he was caught red-handed.
Otherwise, he had shown no remorse.
''The children involved in this offending are real children, even if they are overseas, and there is only a market for this material because of people like you,'' the judge said.
Taking the 10 months in pre-sentence custody as time already served, Lloyd was jailed for three years, and will not be able to apply for bail until July next year.
But that wasn't the end.
Judge Durward said in light of Lloyd's criminal history, he had to regard him as a recidivist offender.
''I am satisfied that you remain a risk to the sexual safety of children,'' he told the prisoner, and ordered that on his eventual release, he register with police and that for the following 10 years he inform the police of his whereabouts and report to the nearest police station once a week.

Townsville Bulletin (19-5-2010)
Malcolm Weatherup


Australian News
Wanted Offenders
Safety For Women
Sex Offenders- Electronic Tagging
Victim Assistance/ eferral
Community Notification








Search on: Google - Google USENET - Yahoo - AltaVista - All the Web - Gigablast - HotBot - Lycos - Teoma - WiseNut

Copyright © MAKO 2011. All Rights Reserved. Legal/Disclaimer/ Privacy/ Terms Of Use.