Home
MAKO - Australian News

The purpose of this website/ information is to promote public awareness/protection, prevent you and those close to you from the potential dangers posed by individuals who have committed sex offences in the past and to deter sex offenders from offending/re- offending. Any criminal actions taken by persons against the offenders named within this site, may result in arrest and prosecution of those persons.

Home    About MAKO    Services    Contact    Prevention    MAKO/Files    Community Notification    Report    Referral    Profile's    Facts/ Stats    Online Dangers    Child Safety    MAKO Petitions    Research/ Resources    Books    DNA Info
Safety For Women    News/ Articles    Your Comments    Australian Politicians/ Contacts    Join    Sponsors    Donations    Links



Warradale murder victim Rodney Larcombe, 65, was a convicted sex offender

Two weeks after completing a good behaviour bond for committing crimes reviled by society, Rodney Maxwell Larcombe was found murdered in his Warradale bedroom.
SA Police are now working to find the paedophile's killer - a mystery that detectives have dubbed "a whodunit".
Dozens of officers have searched the streets around Mr Larcombe's home on Kildonan Rd, where his sister found his body on Thursday afternoon.
Mr Larcombe was last seen alive at lunchtime on Wednesday. As reported first on advertiser.com.au, Mr Larcombe, who turned 65 on Wednesday, was a convicted sex offender.
In November 2010, the District Court sentenced him to 20 months' jail following his guilty pleas to six counts of indecent assault.
Between January 1, 1977, and December 31, 1988, Mr Larcombe sexually abused two male victims, whose identities are suppressed under state law, at Warradale, Somerton Park and Outer Harbor.
The victims, aged between 11 and 12 years, came into contact with Larcombe while he was working as a Scout leader, and were abused in his home and on a camp.
Prior to sentencing, Mr Larcombe and one of the victims participated in a conference organised by the Centre for Restorative Justice - an organisation which seeks to give closure to people involved in crimes.
The conference was also attended by representatives of Scouts Australia.
The court was told Mr Larcombe apologised to that victim for his offending and the resultant impact on the now-adult man's life.
The other victim, however, declined to participate in the conference.
In sentencing, Judge Sydney Tilmouth said the men had endured "degrading violation" at Mr Larcombe's hands, leaving "deep scars". that had lasted more than a quarter of a century.
He agreed to suspend Mr Larcombe's sentence, and his 12-month non-parole period, on condition that he enter into a three-year good behaviour bond. That bond expired on November 15.
A friend and neighbour, Anton Margitich, rushed home after hearing news of the murder on the radio.
He said despite Mr Larcombe's past, nobody deserved to be murdered in their own home.
"It must have been jealousy or a vendetta," he told The Advertiser.
"I've known him 20 years and no one deserves to be treated like that.
"If you're not happy with someone - deal with it through the courts or through the media.
"I hope they catch them and they bring back corporal punishment and hang the bastards"
Yesterday, police declined to comment on Mr Larcombe's criminal record but said he was known to them.
They said he had lived alone in the property but had been sharing with a younger man for a period of time. The younger man has been ruled out as a suspect.
Police do not believe it was a random attack and described the murder as "a whodunit".
Detective Inspector Greg Hutchins said the suspicious circumstances surrounding the death led to it quickly being declared a major crime.
"The man has met a violent death and it's very easy to identify it's a murder from the word go," he said.
"It would be absolutely devastating to the family and the sister to find your brother in that condition."
A post-mortem examination will be conducted to determine the cause of death.
Anyone with information is asked to call CrimeStoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit www.sa.crimestoppers.com.au
A small section of Kildonan Rd remains closed to all traffic between Mattson Ave and Struan Ave.
A post-mortem examination will be conducted to determine the cause of Larcombe's death.
Det Insp Hutchins and Major Crime have had a busy, albeit dark week.
On Wednesday, 49-year-old Monash man Luciano Caruso was found dead by his father at his home.
Mr Caruso met a violent death some time in the past few days and police have declared his murder a major crime.
Mr Caruso's family believe the father-of-one was the victim of a bungled home invasion.
"I can't make anything of it," Det Insp Hutchins said of the two murders.
"Murders occur at a moment's notice and we'll always respond."


www.dailytelegraph.com.au (30-11-2013)
Sam Kelton/ Sean Fewster
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/warradale-murder-victim-rodney-larcombe-65-was-a-convicted-sex-offender/story-fnii5yv6-1226770829204


MAKO/Files Online.. Listing Australian Convicted Paedophiles/ Sex Offenders/ Child Killers.. FREE Public Service..



Warradale murder victim Rodney Larcombe, 65, was a sex offender

A man found murdered in his Warradale home is known to police and has a history of sexual offences, The Advertiser understands.
The Advertiser believes the man, who police say met a violent death, is Rodney Larcombe, 65. Police say he lived alone in the property but had been sharing with a younger man for a period of time.
The younger man has been ruled out as a suspect.
Police do not believe this was a random attack and have described the murder as "a whodunit".
Police would not comment on the man's criminal record but say he is known to them.
However, The Advertiser can reveal Larcombe was a convicted sex offender who finished a three-year good behaviour bond just two weeks before he was killed.
In November 2010, the District Court sentenced Larcombe to 20 months' jail, following his guilty pleas to eight counts of indecent assault.
Between January 1, 1977 and December 31, 1998, Larcombe sexually abused the same victim - whose identity is suppressed under state law - at Warradale, Somerton Park and Outer Harbour.
Judge Sydney Tilmouth agreed to suspend Larcombe's sentence, and his 12-month non-parole period, on condition he enter into a three-year good behaviour bond.
That bond expired on November 15 this year.
Dozens of police are searching the streets of Warradale for clues after Larcombe was found murdered in his bedroom yesterday.
His body was found by his sister around 4pm yesterday in the bedroom of a house on Kildonan Road.
He was last seen alive yesterday at lunchtime.
Sturt CIB and Major Crime Detectives are investigating and treating the death as a murder, SAPOL said this morning.
A small section of Kildonan Road remains closed to all traffic between Mattson Avenue and Struan Avenue.
A post-mortem examination will be conducted to determine the cause of the man's death.

www.news.com.au (29-11-2013)
http://www.news.com.au/national/south-australia/warradale-murder-rodney-larcombe-victim-65-was-a-sex-offender/story-fnii5yv4-1226770829204


MAKO/Files Online.. Listing Australian Convicted Paedophiles/ Sex Offenders/ Child Killers.. FREE Public Service..






Australian News
Wanted Offenders
Safety For Women
Sex Offenders- Electronic Tagging
Victim Assistance/ eferral
Community Notification








Search on: Google - Google USENET - Yahoo - AltaVista - All the Web - Gigablast - HotBot - Lycos - Teoma - WiseNut

Copyright © MAKO 2010. All Rights Reserved. Legal/Disclaimer/ Privacy/ Terms Of Use.