Home
Australian News
The purpose of this website/ information is to promote public awareness/ protection, prevent you and those close to you from the potential dangers posed by individuals who have committed sex offences in the past and to deter sex offenders from offending/re-offending. Any criminal actions taken by persons against the offenders named within this site, may result in arrest and prosecution of those persons.

Home    About MAKO    Services    Contact    Prevention    MAKO/Files    Community Notification    Report    Referral    Profile's    Facts/ Stats    Online Dangers    Child Safety    MAKO Petitions    Research/ Resources    Books    DNA Info
Safety For Women    News/ Articles    Your Comments    Australian Politicians/ Contacts    Join    Sponsors    Donations    Links


Troy and Sharlene Kerr leave court with their faces covered
Troy and Sharlene Kerr leave court with their faces covered


Troy and Sharlene Kerr Admit Neglecting Tied-up Child

A PERTH couple has admitted neglecting a six-year-old boy for two years including a period in which he was tied to a cot for nearly three weeks.
Troy Iain Kerr, 31, and his wife Sharlene Natalie Kerr, 33, face possible jail terms after entering pleas of guilty to an amended charge of recklessly failing to protect the boy from harm between November 1, 2005, and November 9, last year.
Both also pleaded guilty to the unlawful detention of the boy, who is not their biological child, at the couple’s Butler home between October 19 and November 9 last year.
Troy Kerr admitted to an additional charge of unlawfully assaulting him on November 11 last year.
At earlier hearings, lawyers for the Kerrs had suggested the couple may deny the two-year period, which prosecutors had initially listed as only one month.
But in the District Court today, Troy Kerr’s lawyer, Mark Millington, told Chief Judge Antoinette Kennedy that the facts of the case could be debated at a sentencing hearing now listed for next month.
Police say the boy was discovered severely malnourished, bruised and weighed just 12kg when found confined to a cot in the garage of the couple's home.
Bail was renewed and the Kerrs will return to court on October 30.
The Kerrs again fled court with black scarves covering their faces. br />
PerthNow (5-9-2008)
Todd Cardy

MAKO/Files Online.. Listing Australian Convicted Paedophiles/ Sex Offenders/ Child Killers.. FREE Public Service..



Couple faces court for starving six-year-old

A woman who previously admitted leaving a six-year-old boy malnourished in a cot in her garage has been hospitalised, the Perth District Court was told today.
Defence lawyer Mark Millington said Sharlene Natalie Kerr, 31, could not attend court because she had been admitted to hospital and was now "at home receiving home hospitalisation".
Kerr's husband Troy Iain Kerr, 33, did appear.
The couple is charged with unlawful detention and failing to protect a child from harm.
The charges were laid after the boy, for whom the couple were guardians, was found by Child Protection workers at a house in Butler in November last year.
The boy was severely malnourished, bruised and weighed just 12kg at the time. He was immediately taken into State care.
The pair had appeared separately in Joondalup Magistrates Court earlier this year.
In April, Iain Kerr pleaded guilty to unlawfully detaining, assaulting, and causing bodily harm to the boy.
He also admitted to reckless conduct resulting in physical, psychological and emotional abuse.
In May, Sharlene Kerr pleaded guilty to unlawful detention and failing to protect a child from harm.
Today, the couple's lawyer said the pair would contest an indictment served on July 22 alleging the abuse had occurred for two years.
Mr Millington argued prosecutors had originally alleged the abuse occurred over one month only.
Crown prosecutor Linda Petrusa expressed frustration that defence lawyers had not told her of the grounds of the dispute before today's hearing.
Chief Judge Antoinette Kennedy remanded the couple on bail for a trial listing hearing on September 5.
Judge Kennedy ordered that Sharlene Kerr "must attend on that day".

WA News (22-8-2008)
Chris Thomson


Delayed sentencing in child abuse case

The sentencing of a couple who abused and neglected a six year old boy in Perth's northern suburbs has been delayed until next month because of a legal dispute over how long their victim was mistreated.
The boy's guardians, Troy Ian Kerr and Sharlene Natalie Kerr have already pleaded guilty to deprivation of liberty and reckless conduct causing physical, psychological and emotional harm after the six year old was found tied to a cot and weighing only 12 kilograms in Butler last year.
Troy Kerr has also pleaded guilty to assault occasioning bodily harm.
The couple were due to be sentenced today, but their lawyer told the court documents from the Director of Public Prosecutions showed the reckless conduct occurred over two years, much longer than first thought.

ABC News (22-7-2008)


Couple on child charges in Western Australia

A PERTH man has admitted confining a severely malnourished six-year-old boy to a cot in his garage and other abuse.
Department of Child Protection workers found the boy in a house in Perth's northern suburbs in last November, following a tip-off.
The boy was confined to a cot, with bruising to his body, and weighed just 12kg.
Troy Iain Kerr, 33, described as the boy's guardian, pleaded guilty in the Joondalup Magistrates' Court yesterday to unlawfully detaining and assaulting the boy and causing bodily harm.
He also admitted to reckless conduct causing physical, emotional and psychological abuse.
Kerr was bailed until sentencing in the District Court on July 22.
His wife, Sharlene Natalie Kerr, 33, is charged with deprivation of liberty and failing to protect a child from harm, but is yet to enter a plea.
She also appeared in court yesterday and was remanded until May 2, pending a psychiatric report.

Herald Sun (10-4-2008)


Couple accused of starving child appear in court

A couple accused of starving a six-year-old boy and tying him to a cot has appeared in a court in Perth charged with failing to protect a child from harm.
Troy Ian Kerr, 31, and his 33-year-old partner, Sharlene Natalie Kerr, were not required to plead to the charge and were granted bail to appear in Court again on December 5.
The couple from the northern Perth suburb of Butler also face charges of deprivation of liberty and assault.
Mr Kerr also faces a charge of assault occasioning bodily harm.
The couple have been granted bail on the conditions they do not contact the six-year-old victim.
They left court today with their faces covered to try to avoid being photographed or filmed by media outlets.
The boy weighed 12 kilograms when he came to the notice of the Department for Child Protection.
It is understood the boy is not the couple's natural child.

ABC News (23-11-2007)

MAKO/Files Online.. Listing Australian Convicted Paedophiles/ Sex Offenders/ Child Killers.. FREE Public Service..








Australian News
Wanted Offenders
Safety For Women
Report Sex Crime
Victim Assistance/ Referral
Community Notification


Search on: Google - Google USENET - Yahoo - AltaVista - All the Web - Gigablast - HotBot - Lycos - Teoma - WiseNut

Copyright © MAKO -2011. All Rights Reserved. Legal/Disclaimer/ Privacy/ Terms Of Use.