Home
MAKO/File Online   -  # William Thomas Clare

The purpose of this website/ information is to promote public awareness/ protection, help prevent you and those close to you from the potential dangers posed by individuals who have committed sex offences in the past and to deter sex offenders from offending/ re-offending. Any criminal actions taken by persons against the offenders named within this site, may result in arrest and prosecution of those persons.
When you use this website you agree to the terms of use/ disclaimer

Home    About MAKO    Services    Contact    Prevention    MAKO/Files    Community Notification    Report    Referral    Profile's    Facts/ Stats    Online Dangers    Child Safety    MAKO Petitions    Research/ Resources    Books    DNA Info
Safety For Women    News/ Articles    Your Comments    Australian Politicians/ Contacts    Join    Sponsors    Donations    Links



THE MAKO/Files Online are a FREE PUBLIC SERVICE

The 'MAKO/Files' Online and MAKO/Files Online WTC are Australia's 1st " FREE PUBLIC" Paedophile/Sex offender registries, and collectively list/ name over 2000 offenders nationwide, with more offenders being added on a regular basis.. 98+% of offenders listed in the MAKO/Files Online and MAKO/Files Online- (WTC) have been convicted by a court of law.
(The MAKO/Files Online also lists Child Killers and individuals convicted of other forms of child abuse/NOT only child sexual abuse)

A typical Online MAKO/File (offenders file) may include the offenders name,age(2008),photo where possible,occupation,offence-s committed,sentence received by the court, and last known location-
(last known location is taken from time of offenders offence/sentence,unless otherwise stated).

AWARENESS = PREVENTION..
Not only can the MAKO/Files online be used by the Australian PUBLIC to better protect themselves and their CHILDREN/ families from proven sex offenders, they have many other benefits, including..

DETERRING some offenders = yet another form of prevention..

+ being a useful resource for Australian and overseas Companies-businesses-organisations to assist with screening potential employees/volunteers etc..
+ a useful resource for media outlets/journalists/Investigators/researchers etc..
+ a useful method of constantly lobbying Australian Government/s and politicians to do more to protect the PUBLIC from sexual predators.
"Tougher sentencing for offenders,greater government funding for prevention/better victim assistance and public sex offender registries would be a good foundation to work from."


Name: William Thomas Clare

Age: 39 yrs old (2011)

State: NSW

Sentence: Sentenced to 16 yrs jail for rape of 6yr old girl. Convicted again in August 2006 for the rape/ manslaughter of a 3 yr old boy. Sentenced to 25 yrs jail/ 18 yrs 9 months non parole (manslaughter), with another 14 yrs (sexual assault of his victim). Sentences to be served concurrently. Clare will be eligible for parole in 2033.

Offence/Other: Victim was a 6 yr old girl. Clare raped his victim/ videotaping the assault/ later forcing her to watch the footage. Current conviction relates to the rape/ manslaughter of a 3 yr year old boy (the brother of the 6 yr year old girl).

William Thomas Clare

Electric shock case: pedophile guilty of manslaughter

A pedophile already jailed for raping a six-year-old girl was today convicted of killing her little brother after raping the boy and applying bare electrical wires to his chest.
Sydney man William Thomas Clare began babysitting the brother and sister the month before the three-year-old boy died, the NSW Supreme Court had been told.
Clare was known to police as a child sex offender but was practically a stranger to the children's mother.
Seeing her with her children at a train station, he told her she looked "worn out" and offered to babysit.
The woman took him up on the offer, paying him $30 a day to look after her children, who cannot be named.
But on September 13, 2003, after Clare raped the boy, the child vomited and stopped breathing.
Clare said he applied a 240-volt current to the boy's chest "like a heart-starter" in a bid to revive him.
But this attempt to "jump-start" the boy's heart could have killed him, the jury heard.
Clare had pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting the boy at his unit at Croydon, in Sydney's inner-west, but denied murdering him.
The jury today deliberated for less than three hours before finding the 34-year-old not guilty of murder, but guilty of manslaughter.
Clare is already serving a 16-year jail term after he filmed himself raping the boy's six-year-old sister on September 12, 2003.
The videotape of her assault was discovered by police investigating the boy's death.
Details of the children's troubled background emerged in a 2004 report to parliament by the NSW Ombudsman.
Between June 2000 and May 2003, the Department of Community Services (DOCS) had been notified seven times about their suspected neglect, physical and sexual abuse and filthy living conditions.
But, because of inadequate resources, the case was not followed up and was closed the same day Clare raped and killed the boy.
"DOCS failed to take adequate steps to protect the children from the ongoing dangers they were facing," the report said.
For two years before the boy's death, DOCS had "evidence of persistent risks of harm to the children due to the mother's neglect".
These included concerns about the mother "leaving the care of the children to others and her poor decision making in relation to whom she left the children with".
"They were the same risks that ultimately resulted in the children being left to the care of (Clare) and seriously harmed in September 2003," the report said.
Three weeks before the boy died, the mother handed her children over to Clare fulltime so he could treat an outbreak of head lice.
During Clare's two-and-a-half week trial, the jury heard it was unclear how the boy died but burn marks on his chest were consistent with electrocution.
It was also possible he vomited from the pain of being anally raped, then choked to death.
Just after midnight on September 14, ambulance officers arrived at Clare's unit to find the boy blue and cold to the touch, with no heartbeat.
Clare told them the boy had been that way for 20 to 30 minutes before he phoned triple-0 for help.
Clare was remanded in custody after today's verdict.
He will be sentenced by Justice Michael Grove on a date to be fixed.

AAP (11-7-2006)
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/electric-shock-case-man-guilty/2006/07/11/1152383737734.html

MAKO/Files Online.. Listing Australian Convicted Paedophiles/ Sex Offenders/ Child Killers.. FREE Public Service..


Sex Abuse 'Could Have Killed Toddler'

The trauma of being sexually assaulted could have led to the death of a three-year-old boy, a Sydney court was told today.
William Thomas Clare, who has pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting the child on September 13, 2003, is accused of murdering him later that day.
The boy and his six-year-old sister - neither of whom can be named - had been living with Clare at his unit at Concord, in Sydney's inner west, for about three weeks.
Clare had approached the children's mother at a train station and she accepted his offer to babysit, a Supreme Court trial has heard.
Just after midnight on September 14, Clare phoned triple-0, saying the boy had vomited and couldn't breathe.
Clare, who had anal intercourse with the boy, later told police the child vomited in his sleep.
But medical experts had testified that "significant pain and trauma can cause vomiting", crown prosecutor Christopher Maxwell QC said, and it was possible the child died after choking on his vomit.
"So what caused the vomiting? The crown submits (it was) the sexual intercourse," he said.
"At the time he was inflicting or committing this sexual intercourse, perhaps part of the aim was to get some sexual gratification.
"But part of what's going on in his head was a clear awareness of what he was doing and the pain he was causing."
Clare, 34, has pleaded not guilty to murdering the boy, whose cause of death was not established.
He told police that when the boy did not respond to CPR, he tried to revive him using exposed wires from an electrical cord "like a heart-starter", applying 240 volts to his chest.
In closing submissions to the jury today, Mr Maxwell said if they found the boy had choked to death, the electric shocks were "no more than this accused realising what he had done and then making some desperate attempt to get out of it".
But if the boy was still alive when Clare applied the electrical current, it was capable of killing him, Mr Maxwell said.
He invited the jury to reject Clare's account that he used the wires in an attempt to save the boy's life.
"Even a person of limited intelligence would know the terrible danger, the lethal danger, of putting electricity like this on anyone," Mr Maxwell said.
The trial continues before Justice Michael Grove on Monday.

AAP (7-07-2006)
Kim Arlington

Boy Died in Paedophiles' Care

A SHOCKING case of child sexual abuse by two known pedophiles involving the death of a three-year-old boy and the rape of his six- year-old sister has exposed the glaring failings of the New South Wales child protection regime.
The siblings were left by their mother in the care of two men known to police as sex offenders.
A damning Ombudsman's report into the case showed the Department of Community Services had been alerted seven times to suspected abuse dating back more than three years leading up to the boy's death in September last year.
The boy, who had injuries indicating sexual abuse, died two days after one of the men videotaped himself raping the boy's six-year-old sister.
The pedophiles had tried to revive the boy using electrical wiring.
The children's mother had befriended one of the sex offenders at a train station, and, after she complained about being unable to find an affordable babysitter, left them in the pair's care.
NSW Ombudsman Bruce Barbour singled out the rape and death case as he cast doubt on the effectiveness of the entire state child protection system.
No one has yet been charged with the boy's death. But one of the men, William Thomas Clare, was sentenced in October this year to 16 years' jail for the rape of the boy's sister. Police and the NSW Coroner continue to investigate the case.
"At the time of his death, (the boy) was placed into care by his mother of two gentlemen who were known to police as being sex offenders," Mr Barbour said.
The seven notifications, including from a doctor and a neighbour, "depicted a trend of neglect which was very significant and serious".
"We are concerned that DOCS did not handle this case effectively. We are concerned that some of the decisions that were made in relation to it were made very poorly."
The Ombudsman's report also raises concerns about police handling of the case saying there was a "lack of rigour" in following up earlier claims that the girl had been raped by the mother's boyfriend at the time.
Mr Barbour called for a "threshold test", making it harder for authorities to close the books on cases of suspected child abuse and neglect.
Releasing his first review of child deaths, Mr Barbour said problems had arisen as a result of "poor decision-making and poor intervention", and he did not accept that a lack of resources was the key problem.
His report, examining the deaths of 161 children, found that in three- quarters of cases either the child or a sibling had been reported to the Department of Community Services (DOCS) in the three years before the child died.
Community Services Minister Carmel Tebbutt yesterday accepted the Ombudsman's recommendation for a "threshold test" and the need for a review of the specific case.
But: she said: "The child-protection system can never replace loving, effective, nurturing parents as the best way to keep children safe."
Mr Barbour also raised concerns about the failure of the broader community to protect children, with the number of reports to DOCS increasing by 26 per cent over the past year.
In 2002-2003 there were a total of 146,877 reports of abuse and neglect against children, rising to 185,198 reports in 2003-2004.
"Surely a civilised society must be able to embrace the concept that one of the most important things, that it should hold in regard is the care and welfare of its children," he said.

The Australian (10-12-2004)
Megan Saunders

Child Rape On Videotape

A man could face more than 25 years' jail for rapinq a six-year- old girl and forcing her to watch a video recording of it.
The offence was discovered when police were called to a house where the girl's brother had died in suspicious circumstances.
William Thomas Clare will be sentenced next Thursday.

Sydney Morning Herald (16-10-2004)





MAKO/Files Online.. Listing Australian Convicted Paedophiles/ Sex Offenders/ Child Killers.. FREE Public Service..








Australian News
Wanted Offenders
Safety For Women
Report Sex Crime
Victim Assistance/ Referral
Community Notification










Search on: Google - Google USENET - Yahoo - AltaVista - All the Web - Gigablast - HotBot - Lycos - Teoma - WiseNut

Copyright © MAKO 2011. All Rights Reserved. Legal/Disclaimer/ Privacy/ Terms Of Use.